To learn more about SRG:
Mission & Strategies
Public Service Vision
Board of Directors
How to Join
SRG supports an individual and collective sense of responsibility to provide leadership
that will advance our field and the quality of the service we provide to the public.
SRG members believe in the impact of pooled resources, the importance of efficiencies
realized through shared agendas, and the power of informed action that flows from a
larger strategic context.|
For individual SRG members, this translates as significant responsibilities outside
one's own station:
For SRG's staff and consultants, this means:
- Serving on the boards of National Public Radio, PRX, the Radio Research Consortium, Greater Public, Public Radio Program
Directors, and nearly all of public radio's regional organizations and professional
- Participating on the panels and committees that review national policies, grant
national funds, and hand out awards at CPB, NEA, NEH, and a host of other
agencies and organizations.
- Lending expertise to task forces and working groups that plan our future in areas
that range from major gifts to digital broadcasting.
- Joining as partners with colleagues who want to try something new in programming,
fundraising, or research.
- Supporting members in their respective leadership roles with research, analysis,
brainstorming, and strategic advice that allows them to serve effectively and
- Taking on leadership and service roles ourselves to help other public radio
organizations be stronger and fulfill their missions.
- Helping stations and organizations outside the SRG membership in times of special
need or when we are uniquely able to assist.
Copyright 2019 Station Resource Group. All Rights Reserved.